PAIN.PASSION.POETRY

Posted by Avant-Garde Online

Procrastination

Let me break down my favourite occupation
There’s nothing I love more than good procrastination
Really it’s amazing how I’ll find any old excuse
To do anything except what I’ve got to do
The clearest example is coursework or an essay
I’d rather watch footy, get lagered and messy
The logic that I’m making it worse just cuts no ice
I’m like there’s girls to pull and splash on the old spice

Almost any unpleasant thing that can possibly exist
I use as reasons to ignore my to do list
I can’t do my washing cos I’ve gotta feed the dog
But I can’t feed the dog cos I really need the bog
So the dog goes hungry and my clothes still stink
And the TV’s more important than the dishes in the sink
But then the moment arrives to really do my work
And now it’s a tragedy my clothes are covered in dirt


Honestly, I’ve skirted these issues for far too long
And last weeks kebab is really smelling too strong
So I’m on the case, got a new plan of action
And I promise this time there’ll be no distraction
I’ll feed the dog, wash my clothes and do the dishes
And then clean the garden pond and check on the fishes
And when I’ve done that I’ll get down to my work
But that bird I like texted, so I’ll do some phoneflirt

And once she’s agreed to come to the pictures
Then I’ll bury my head in my school work scriptures
Cos then there’ll be nothing to divert my attention
And that’s the key you know for knowledge retention
But did I mention there’s a new simpsons on soon
And mum’s been nagging me to clear up my room
My work will get done, don’t worry, it’s not too late
But while time’s on my side, I’ll procrastinate


Words by Avant-Garde resident poet George Hardwick

For any comments, queries or any suggestions on potential topics please feel free to drop George an email at Avantgarde.online@rocketmail.com.

Subscribe: